You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Grilled Cheese’ tag.
Grilled Bacon & Onion Sandwich
In the summer I like to make easy lunches. This is super easy. Bonus is that my whole family loves it- minus 1. This recipe serves approx. 6. That possibly could be stretched. But who wants to skimp on BACON????
10 Slices of Bacon, cut into 1/2 slices
12 slices of Cheese (choose your favorite, My kids and myself liked the favorite stand by of American Cheese, my husband chose Pepper Jack Cheese)
1 medium onion, sliced finely (I used, Vidalia onions)
1 loaf of Texas Toast
1. In a skillet, crisp bacon over medium heat. Approx. 5 minutes. If you want a crunchier bacon fry it longer.
2. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and place on paper towel.
4. Take 2 piece of toast, place one piece of cheese on the bottom and then fill with bacon mixer. Top with another cheese slice.
5. Spread a thin layer of butter on top of the sandwich. Place into same skillet you used to make the bacon mixture. On LOW/Medium heat cook for 2 minutes on each side.
7. Repeat process until all Sandwiches are made!
My husband & Daughter said that this sandwich remind them of something you would eat at Steak N Shake.