You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘freezer meals’ tag.
An easy recipe! Low and slow cooking. Great recipe for leftovers or freezer cooking.
1- 3 to 6 pound Pork Loin, boneless
Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
Liquid Smoke ( Our favorite flavor is Natural Mesquite)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Generously salt the fronts and back of the pork loin.
3. Pour on desired amount of liquid smoke on both sides. Using hands to “rub” it into the loin. ( I use between 1/4 of a bottle to half a bottle of liquid smoke.)
4. Wrap in foil. Making sure you seal it completely. Placed wrapped loin in roasting pan.
5. Cook in a 250 degree oven for 8 to 10 hours. I do this at night so it is ready to shred first thing in the morning. This is great for freezer meals!
Notes: Although, I prefer an oven for this recipe you can make it in a slow cooker. This is great recipe for bbq sandwiches!
Freezer Cooking Chicken Fajita’s
I am trying to incorporate more freezer cooking into my meal planning. At least 2 weeks worth of freezer meals for the month. Chicken Fajita’s seemed to be the perfect freezer meal to start.
1 -1/2 Green Peppers, Sliced
1/2 Red Pepper, Sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 1/2 to 2 pounds Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
1. Slice peppers and onion and place into a large bowl.
2. Next pound the chicken breast with a mallet. I like to do this because I feel like it makes the chicken tender and gives me more strips.
3. Cut the chicken into strips and place in the same bowl with the peppers and onions. Add a tablespoon of lime/lemon juice and the seasoning and toss.
4. Make sure your freezer bag is labeled with contents and directions on how to cook.
5. Place in bag. Put in Freezer.
6. When ready to eat: Thaw. Place in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil. And stir fry until chicken is cook through and veggies are softened. Serve with warm flour tortillas.