You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Empanadas’ tag.
So easy to make….BUT, you HAVE to work FAST!!
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup flour
1 cup fruit preserves, pie filling…etc. (the choice is yours–I used Duncan Hines Comstock Limited Edition Caramel Apple pie filling)
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Mix butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Mix in the flour.
2. Shape dough into a smooth ball, wrap in foil or cling wrap, and refrigerate overnight or up to a week.
When Ready for Baking:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Flour (and I like to also use a little powdered sugar in with the flour to give it a touch of sweetness) a work surface. And roll dough THIN. You have to use COLD dough right out of the fridge! Do not let it sit out or you will end up with a mess (well a bigger mess).
2. Cut dough using a cookie cutter. My cookie cutter is roughly 3.5 inches in diameter.
3. Quickly fill with the filling of your choice.
4. Fold over and seal the edges. I use a fork or my fingers to seal.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for approx. 15 minutes are until just brown.
6. Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
7. Toss in Cinnamon sugar mixture when right out of the oven. Careful not to burn your fingers.
Notes: Remember to work quickly. Have everything you need out! This can also be made into something savory!!