You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘cupcake’ tag.
Candied Sweet Potato Cupcakes
Who says you can’t have sweet potatoes any time of the year! I love having sweet potato anything-any time of the year!
1 can (15 oz.) yams/sweet potatoes, drained
1 1/3 cups packed Brown Sugar
1 large Egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Butter, melted
1-1/4 cups AP (All Purpose) flour
1-1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 heaping teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 cup Milk
For the “Candied Frosting”:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
2 Cups Marshmallow Fluff
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 cups Powdered sugar
2 teaspoons Milk (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with liners. Set aside.
2. In a small/medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg . Set aside.
3. Drain Yams and beat with mixture until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes…
4. Beat in Brown Sugar and egg until smooth. Add in Vanilla and melted Butter.
5. Add in flour mixture until just combine.
6. Once flour is combine add in milk.
7. Fill cupcake liners with batter. I use a quarter of a cup to measure in my batter.
8. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees. The cupcakes will be brown, and spongy in the center when done.
9. Let cupcakes cool completely before icing.
Directions for the “Candied frosting”:
1. Beat Softened butter until smooth.
2. Beat in 2 cups of the Marshmallow fluff.
3. Next add Vanilla and then add a cup at a time of powered sugar.
4. You can adjust the consistency if you want it thicker add more powered sugar. Want it thinner add a teaspoon or so of milk. I do not use milk at all.
This recipe is linked to:
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cupcake with Peanut Butter Frosting
For the Cupcakes:
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 cups + 1 tablespoon dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup hot water
For the Icing:
1 stick butter (1/2 cup) room temp.
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 1/2 cups powered sugar
1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
Using a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl on medium-high speed until thick and very light in color; about 6 minutes.
Add the mayonnaise and vanilla extract, and combine.
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt, and beat on low-speed until combined. The mixture will look extra thick!
Add water and mix on low-speed until it’s combine. The batter will now be the consistency of cake batter…(or close to it).
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
Let cool and then frost!
For the icing:
Cream together peanut butter and butter. Add powered sugar and milk. You might have to continue adding to get the thickness of frosting you desire. Alternate adding the milk and the powered sugar. I added the milk by the tablespoon full and used about 1/2 cup milk.
Basically, you can make the icing as thin or as thick as you like.
One Box yellow cake mix ( You can only use a white cake mix or yellow cake mix for this recipe to work.)
Ingredients needed on the cake box
One table spoon of Nutmeg
One cup of sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 24 mini- muffin pan cups. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions; stir nutmeg into batter. Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
Bake about 12 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
Remove cupcakes from pans; roll in sugar mixture until completely coated. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is linked to the following:
I made these Cupcakes Special for my kids last full day of school which was last Friday.
They turned out so good! I even think I shocked myself!
And *GASP* I used a boxed cake mix as well. Normally, I wouldn’t use a box cake mix. I did this time for convenience.
I found this neat little recipe for this cupcake from What’s New, Cupcake?
Can’t wait to try out more recipes from this book and from Hello, Cupcake!
I will be posting a lot of them this coming year. I just ordered Two cupcake cook books! I am so excited. I also purchased my new camera today….so new recipes with pictures will be coming very soon.
Here are the cupcake cook books that I ordered. Can’t wait to get them in.
I have 4 kids at home. So I know I am going to be getting some use out of these.