You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘crockpot’ tag.
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
This is the recipe I used to serve a family of 6. It gives me plenty of leftovers for lunches and leftover night.
3 lbs. ground beef
1 cup onions diced
1 cup celery diced
1 cup green pepper diced
1 1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoon vinegar
3 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. In a LARGE skillet brown ground beef. Breaking it up into small pieces.
2. Drain beef and place in slow cooker.
3. Dump all the remaining ingredients in and give it a good stir!
4. Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 6-8 hours. Serve on Hamburger buns.
Mom’s Running On Empty Chicken
- 1 whole Chicken
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) BBQ Sauce (I use Cattleman’s Mississippi Honey BBQ Sauce)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- squirt of Lemon Juice
- Sprinkling of Paprika
- Wash and pat dry chicken and place the chicken legs up in slow cooker.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small to medium bowl.
- Poor sauce over and inside chicken. Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 6 on high.
- When it is about an hour and half a way from being done I spinkle paprika over the top.
- The meat falls easily off the bone. Poor the sauce over rice or mashed potatoes.