You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘crock pot’ tag.
Slow Cooker Burritos
2 Pounds Stew Meat
Enchilada Sauce 28 ounces (I used Las Palmas Mild Enchilada Sauce)
1 small can of refried beans
7-8 flour tortillas (Burrito sized)
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
1. Through stew meat and enchilada Sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 -8 hours. Until meat is tender and can easily separate.
2. Heat refried beans in microwave until warm.
3. When done. Put approx. 1/2 cup of meat into a burrito sized tortilla. Along with 2 tablespoons of refried beans. The refried beans are optional.
4. Place in a baking dish and cover with remain enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Broil for approx. 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips!
Sweet & Tangy Meatballs (Slow Cooker, Freezer Meal)
So easy to through together in a ziploc bag and freeze! Even easier to make! If that is even possible! We like these meatballs served over rice. You can also put them on a hoagie or even use them as an appetizer at a party or potluck.
1 (32 oz) Package of meatballs (I actually use the Great Value Homestyle brand from Wal-Mart)
1 (36 oz) jar of bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1 (32 oz) jar of grape jelly
(You will also need 2 ziploc baggies for freezing)
1. Label baggies with contents and date! I also print directions right on the bag on how to cook.
2. In each bag put half of the meatballs, jelly and bbq sauce. I usually end up somewhere between 24 and 30 meatballs in each bag.
3. Once all ingredients are in the baggies. Zip them up and squish them together until good and combine.
5. When ready to make. I take out of freezer and let thaw for one hour.
6. Place in slow cooker. I use my 2 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. When ready place over rice and serve.
A slow Cooker meal. This makes enough for left overs and lunches!
1 tub Loyd’s Shredded Pork
1 tub Loyd’s Shredded Beef
2 (14.5 ounce) cans cream style corn
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced potatoes
1 to 1.5 pounds of shredded chicken
Louisiana Hot Sauce (To Taste)
Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
1. Dump all ingredients into a slow cooker (crock pot). Stir to combine.
2. Add Hot Sauce and Salt and Pepper to taste.
3. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Serve Hot with Corn bread!
Note: You can use 2 (12.5 ounce) cans of chicken in place of the shredded chicken. I usually make up a huge pot of chicken cooked low all day in the crock pot and shred it all up to be put into all kinds of recipes.
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
This is the recipe I used to serve a family of 6. It gives me plenty of leftovers for lunches and leftover night.
3 lbs. ground beef
1 cup onions diced
1 cup celery diced
1 cup green pepper diced
1 1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoon vinegar
3 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. In a LARGE skillet brown ground beef. Breaking it up into small pieces.
2. Drain beef and place in slow cooker.
3. Dump all the remaining ingredients in and give it a good stir!
4. Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 6-8 hours. Serve on Hamburger buns.
Shredded Barbecue Chicken
This can be eaten multiple ways. Use it as a nacho topping, just by its self, on a bun, on rice, or on a baked potato!
2 pounds shredded chicken**
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (18 ounce) bottle Barbecue Sauce (I use Stubb’s Sweet Smokey Mesquite)
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/4 cup (or less) water *(optional)
1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1. Cook and Shred Chicken.
Note:** You can use leftover chicken and shred or cube it up. I like to get out my crock pot and putting in fresh or frozen chicken cooking on low for 6 to 7 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.
2. In Large skillet (make sure it is large) Saute onion and bell pepper until soft. Add Garlic and continue sauteing for a couple of minutes. Being careful not to burn the garlic or over saute the onion and bell pepper.
3. Add shredded chicken to the sauteing onion, bell pepper and minced garlic. Stir until combine.
4. Add BBQ Sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, water (if desired) and simmer until heated through.
Note: You do NOT have to use water. I put less than a quarter of a cup in the bottle that had the bbq sauce and swish it around to get all the sauce and pour it into the chicken mixture.
5. Serve over potatoes, chips, nacho’s….etc. Top with Monterey Jack Cheese. Garnish with Sour Cream and Green Onions!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
1/2 tsp. Poultry seasoning
Slow Cooker BBQ
1 (3-5 pound) boneless chuck roast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
A few onion slices
2 (18 ounce) your favorite bottle barbecue sauce (I use Cattlemen’s Mississippi Honey)
Place Roast in Crock pot/ Slow Cooker with all above ingredients only using one bottle of the bbq sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours.
At the end of the 6 hours, drain all liquid reserving about a cup of it.
Shred the roast and return to crock pot. Return the shredded roast to the crock pot and cover with the remaining bottle of BBQ sauce. Adding the reserved liquid as needed. Cook on low for an additional hour.
Mom’s Running On Empty Chicken
- 1 whole Chicken
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) BBQ Sauce (I use Cattleman’s Mississippi Honey BBQ Sauce)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- squirt of Lemon Juice
- Sprinkling of Paprika
- Wash and pat dry chicken and place the chicken legs up in slow cooker.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small to medium bowl.
- Poor sauce over and inside chicken. Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 6 on high.
- When it is about an hour and half a way from being done I spinkle paprika over the top.
- The meat falls easily off the bone. Poor the sauce over rice or mashed potatoes.