You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘craft’ tag.
Fun to make & Eat!
What you need:
Ziploc Baggies (one for each egg you are coloring)
Eggs (you choose how many)
Liquid Food Coloring
Water (for boiling eggs)
1. Add eggs to cold water and bring to boil. Boil for approx. 6 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. After eggs have slightly cooled, gently tap on a hard surface until cracks appear all over the egg.
4. Put a Tablespoon of food coloring in Ziploc baggies. Then add egg.
5. Roll the eggs around the bag to make sure that they are coated.
6. Repeat with all eggs.
7. Let set for approx. 30 minutes. To let the eggs absorb the food coloring.
8. After set, remove eggs from bag and rinse off with cold water. To remove excess food coloring.
9. Pour white vinegar over eggs (lightly splashing each egg) to set color.
10. Peel the egg and enjoy your surprise design!
Mummy Candy Bar Treats
White Crepe Paper (I found mine at the dollar tree. I paid $1.00 for 2 rolls of it)
Black scrapbook paper or construction paper
Glue (stick or squeeze bottle-I actually used both)
Googlie Eyes ( I bought mine at the dollar tree for a $1.00. It has 125 Googlie eyes. It was the LAST package left. )
Full Size Hershey Chocolate Bar
This is VERY simple to do! Perfect craft for having those kiddo’s help!
Cut out a black square piece. This does not have to be perfect and glue 2 google eyes to it. Then glue it onto the candy bar.
Starting at the bottom on the front of the candy bar. Glue down a piece of the crepe paper and hold it secure. Then start wrapping your candy bar to form your *mummy*.
My crepe paper was a little to wide for my liking. So as I went around the candy bar, I folded it in half and it worked perfectly. When finish tear off the crepe paper from the back of the Candy bar and glue in place!
I am going to be making up about 16 of these. I am going to give some to the kids that ride the bus with my boys at the bus stop. I might even make some for my kids teachers. This took me less than 5 minutes to make.
I found this idea from The Idea Room.
~Enjoy, and have a Spooktacular Halloween!~