You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘cookie cake’ tag.
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
While making these little cookies; it made me think of my grandma. She always made me a Strawberry Cake for my birthday when I lived in Oklahoma. It was one of the highlights of my birthday to get a strawberry cake from her. I just know she would have loved these little cookies!
You can also make these several ways:
With a dusting of Powdered Sugar
With White icing
Drizzle with chocolate
You could even add white chocolate chips –which I would think would be just dreamy in this cookie!
1 Strawberry boxed cake mix
1/3 cup oil
2 cups to 2 1/2 cups powered sugar (also known as icing sugar)
2 to 4 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add cake mix, eggs and oil and combine. This will become a dough so it will be thick.
3. Once mixed place a tablespoon to a tablespoon and half sized balls of dough on the cookie sheet. I used a cookie scooper to make it a little easier.
4. Cook in a preheated 375 degree oven. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes. Mine was done perfectly at 6 minutes 45 seconds! Be sure to watch it because ovens do vary.
5. Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before cooling on a cookie rack.
6. Cool the cookies completely and add your favorite toppings. Plain, with icing, powered sugar…etc.
Directions for the icing:
Combing Powered sugar and milk and stir. I liked a thicker consistency for this icing. I believe I used 2 cups of powered sugar and 4 tablespoons of milk.
Place on cookie and let it sit to harden.
This cookie would be super fun to take to church functions, pot lucks…..or to make for Valentines Day.