You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Cherry Chocolate Kiss’ tag.
Cherry Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
If you like Chocolate Covered Cherries. You are going to Love this cookie!
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons maraschino cherry “juice”
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
Granulated sugar, for sprinkling the cookies
30-36 Cherry Cordial Kisses, unwrapped (Milk Chocolate Kisses work just as well)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a Large mixing bowl beat butter for 30 seconds on med-high speed. Add powdered sugar and salt beating until combined.
3. Mix in the cherry juice and almond extract.
4. Beat in as much of the flour as you can. This dough gets thick!! Using a wooden spoon combine what is left.
5. Add in the chopped cherries!
6. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. I use a cookie scoop for this. Then roll in sugar. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and Lightly press them down.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. After baking for 10 minutes. Place a Kiss in the center of each cookie. Pushing very slightly in place.
9. Bake for 4 additional minutes or until bottoms are light brown.
10. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool.
Note: You can also cook the cookie completely for 14 minutes. Then after they are done quickly insert the kiss in the center. Then transfer to cooling rack.