You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘appetizer’ tag.
Black Bean Salsa
Make this salsa a day ahead! Crowd pleasing!
1 Can black beans (drained and well rinsed)
2 Cups of frozen corn, thawed
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Lime Juice (or more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons chili powder (you can add less or more to suit your taste)
2 medium Tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Make this at LEAST 3 hours ahead of when you need it. I prefer making it the day or evening before.
Add all ingredients in a large bowl and toss together. Chill for a least 2 hours or make the day/evening before.
Serve with Tortilla Chips!
Cheesy Chili Dip
This will quickly become a family favorite!
1 pkg. (8 oz) Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 cup of your favorite Chunky Salsa
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided (I am absolutely SURE I used more! )
1 can Chili Beans, drained
3 Tablespoons Sliced Green Onions
3 Tablespoons pitted sliced black olives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine softened Cream Cheese and salsa and spread in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.
3. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese (or your desired amount)
4. Spread Chili beans over shredded cheese. And then top with another layer of shredded cheese.
5. Sprinkle green onions and olives (optional) over top.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
Corn Dog Muffins
Kid tested and approved!
1 (18 oz box) Miracle Maize Corn Bread and Muffin mix OR 2-8.5 ounce packages of corn bread mix (I use Miracle Maize)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup milk
5 hot dogs- Cut into small bit sized pieces
Honey to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. Combine corn bread mix and brown sugar together.
3. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in the hot dog pieces (you might want to heat the hot dogs through before cutting them….this is just a personal preference.
4. Fill Lined muffin cups 3/4 way full.
5. Drizzle the tops with honey ( this is optional) and then bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
**You can add mustard, Ketchup (or BBQ sauce as one of my children prefer) to the sides or on top of each muffin.
***You can also add 1 cup of shredded cheese to the mix for added yumminess!
Cheesy Muenster Bread
1-8 ounce block of Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
1/2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
French bread loaf (I use a french bread mini-loaf)
Muenster cheese (about 8 to 10 slices)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice the French Loaf down the middle.
Mix cream cheese, parsley and garlic powder together. Until well blended. Coat each piece French bread with the cream cheese mixture.
Top with Muenster cheese. You can also use Swiss or Provolone cheese. I just happen to like Muenster cheese better. It is a great ‘melting’ cheese.
Place bread on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
Starting the New year off right with a POP of a recipe.
Not only are they Jalapeño Popper’s but they are bacon wrapped and a huge hit!
- Jalapeños approx. 12
- Cream cheese (you can use block or tub cream cheese..both work just fine for me.)
- Package of Bacon (Cut in Half!)–You will not use all the bacon!
Tip/Warning: Your skin might not tolerate Jalapeños. Avoid touching your eyes, nose…etc when making these. I alway’s wear disposable gloves just to be safe.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350º
2. Remove the stems. I do this just by giving them a little twist.
3. Cut in Half Length wise.
“These meatballs are excellent for a pot luck. They are delicious by themselves, Placed on top of Rice and Mashed Potato’s, Place them on a hoagie bun with Mozzarella cheese or even provolone or Swiss cheese. My whole family loves these. You can make these two ways for your convenience!”
- 3 pounds Beef
- 2 Eggs-Slightly beaten
- 4/5 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (you can use more or less depending on your own tastes)
- 1/2 to a cup chopped onion
The Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 1/2 cup water (omit this if you bake the meatballs)
- In a bowl, mix beef, egg, oats, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and 1/2 cup onion. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and arrange in a single layer in the baking dish.
- If using the crock pot method. Place them directly into the crock pot after forming the meatball.
- In a separate bowl, mix ketchup, garlic, sugar, 1/4 cup onion, and liquid smoke. Pour evenly over the meatballs.
Crock pot Directions:
- Crock Pot baking directions: Place meatballs in the crock pot and then cover with sauce. Then add one and a half cups water. It will look like you have really diluted it too much. Don’t worry about this. It gets thick toward the end. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Oven Baking Directions: Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a medium baking dish. Bake with meatballs only (no sauce) for 20 to 25 minutes. After 25 minutes pour the sauce over the meatballs and bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes. Checking frequently. Bake on middle rack. Sometimes it is done before the 30 minutes is over.
- Use Melon Ballers or a Ice Cream scoop to get uniform meatballs.
- Wet your hands/fingers after every three or four meatballs.
- You can also make these in a electric skillet to keep the meatballs warm. Take tooth picks and have them as appetizers.