You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘syrup’ category.
Fresh Strawberry Syrup Sauce
So simple to make! Awesome over French Toast, Waffles, Pancakes, and Ice Cream!
3 cups Strawberries, Mashed
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1. Prep Strawberry by removing leaves and slicing in half. You will need about 6 cups UNMASHED strawberries. Once mashed it should reduce to around 3 cups.
2. Over medium heat in a 3 quart saucepan add strawberries and 1 cup sugar. You can add this by taste and not use the whole cup of sugar. It just depend on how sweet your strawberries are. Bring to a simmer.
3. Fill a measuring cup to 1/4 of a cup and add 2 tablespoon of water. Stir until combine.
4. Add in the cornstarch and water into simmering strawberry mixture.
5. Bring to a simmer once again. It will start becoming thick.
6. If your desired thickness is not reached you can add another 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
7. It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes for it to thicken up.
You will need to stir this constantly.
Pour into mason jars and refrigerate until ready to use.