You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘recipes’ category.
Frozen Glitter Grapes
So Good! So easy to make! Perfect during the summer.
Bunch of Grapes
1 (3 ounce package) Jell-o gelatin Any flavor of your choice, not prepared. Generic works just as well.
1. Rinse Grapes under water. Patting almost dry with a paper towel. You don’t want them dry….you need some moisture on them for the gelatin to stick.
2. Roll a bunch of grapes in 1/3 of the box of gelatin. After you have a grape coated put onto a plate and continue until all grapes are done. Adding Gelatin as it gets low. ( I used lime Jell-0 Gelatin)
3. Place in freezer for a couple of hours. Then they are ready to enjoy.
Note: I tried placing the gelatin in a baggie and putting the grapes into the bag and just tossing. It really didn’t get all the grapes coated to my liking. So I just ended up rolling 4 or 5 at a time on a plate until all were coated.
Candied Sweet Potato Cupcakes
Who says you can’t have sweet potatoes any time of the year! I love having sweet potato anything-any time of the year!
1 can (15 oz.) yams/sweet potatoes, drained
1 1/3 cups packed Brown Sugar
1 large Egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Butter, melted
1-1/4 cups AP (All Purpose) flour
1-1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 heaping teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 cup Milk
For the “Candied Frosting”:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
2 Cups Marshmallow Fluff
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 cups Powdered sugar
2 teaspoons Milk (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with liners. Set aside.
2. In a small/medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg . Set aside.
3. Drain Yams and beat with mixture until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes…
4. Beat in Brown Sugar and egg until smooth. Add in Vanilla and melted Butter.
5. Add in flour mixture until just combine.
6. Once flour is combine add in milk.
7. Fill cupcake liners with batter. I use a quarter of a cup to measure in my batter.
8. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees. The cupcakes will be brown, and spongy in the center when done.
9. Let cupcakes cool completely before icing.
Directions for the “Candied frosting”:
1. Beat Softened butter until smooth.
2. Beat in 2 cups of the Marshmallow fluff.
3. Next add Vanilla and then add a cup at a time of powered sugar.
4. You can adjust the consistency if you want it thicker add more powered sugar. Want it thinner add a teaspoon or so of milk. I do not use milk at all.
This recipe is linked to:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eclair Cake
Chocolate and Peanut Butter! Two great taste that go GREAT together!
1 (14.4 oz) box Chocolate Graham Crackers
2- 3.5 ounce packages instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1- 8 ounce tub cool whip (softened)
1-16 ounce tub chocolate frosting (I used a Milk Chocolate frosting)
1. Spray a 13 x 9 pan lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl whip together the milk,vanilla pudding, vanilla extract, and peanut butter until smooth and thick. Fold in softened whipped topping.
3. Arrange a single layer of graham cracker squares in the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking pan. Evenly spread half of the pudding mixture over the crackers.
4. Repeat with another layer of crackers and the remaining pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
5. Zap the jar of frosting in the microwave about 25 to 30 seconds.
6. Stir frosting and then pour on top of last layer of graham crackers. Spreading evenly.
7. Cover and chill 4 hours. 6 hours is actually better and overnight is best.
Note: You can whip this up by hand using a whisk or you can use an electric mixer. I prefer to use a whisk. It makes it the cake fluffy.
Strawberry Frosting Fudge
This is a super fun way to get the kids in the kitchen to help! My 7 year old son absolutely LOVED helping mom make some Valentine’s Day Fudge!
1 (16 oz) can of strawberry frosting
1- 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon Strawberry extract
1. Spray 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray and line with Wax paper.
2. Melt White Chocolate Chips in Microwave until melted. Being careful not to burn the chips.
3. Quickly and evenly stir in the frosting and Strawberry extract.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Top with Sprinkles!
5. Let set-and serve. Can be cut into cute shapes using cookie cutters or just cut into squares.
6. Store in a airtight container up to 7 days.
Simple Veggie Wrap
So Yummy and wonderfully simple
2 ounces Garlic and herb Cream Cheese
3 tablespoons Mayo
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
thinly sliced veggies: you can use tomato, and red pepper, cucumber, mushrooms, and red onion just to name a few.
tortillas (You can also use flat-out bread)
Mix together cream cheese, mayo and Dijon until smooth.
Spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of the tortillas. Then layer with lettuces and whatever veggies you plan on using. Remember to thinly slice your veggies.
Dab the ends of the tortilla with some of the cream cheese mixture. This seals it.
Roll the tortilla tightly and cut diagonally to the size that you want your wraps.
This would be so good at a pot luck, party or get together.
This is my recipe for homemade pancakes. I do make a lot to freeze and for left overs. So the Ingredients may sound like a lot. We just stretch it out to suit our family of 6 needs.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 5 cups milk
- 4 egg
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla extract
1. Melt butter and let cool to room temperature. Let Eggs also set out and come to room temperature.
2. In a Large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Creating a well in the center.
3. Pour the eggs, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract in the center of the well.
4. Mix until smooth. We like the batter consistency of our pancakes to not be to thick or to thin. So add more milk a little at a time to get the consistency you like.
5. Pour batter (I use a quarter of a cup measuring cup…I do not fill it full) onto medium/high heat lightly oiled griddle. Brown on both sides. Serve hot!
Notes: This recipe is made for freezing and for feeding a family of 6. Which includes 3 growing boys. You can spice this recipe up by adding Chocolate chips (my kids favorite) smashed bananas, nuts of any kind, blueberries. I have added strawberries to pancakes, which happens to be my daughters favorite.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Let’s Get Cookin’ Top 5 Recipes of 2011
I hope you are all having a wonderful start to 2012! So far so good for us. I thought I would share the top 5 recipes from my blog. Plus, I will share my personal favorites.
Top 5 Recipes
2. Homemade Pudding Pops
3. Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
4. The “Best” Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge!
5. Red Velvet Cheesecake!
My Personal Favorites!
Luck ‘O The Irish Brownies
Irresistible Chocolate Chip Muffins
And my husband’s personal favorite! Snickerdoodle Brownies!
Thank you all for checking out my recipes! And please be sure to comment and let me know if you make anything that you found on this blog! Have a wonderful and prosperous 2012!
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Squares
This recipe is NOT for anyone who is watching their waistline.
2 (8oz) cans of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
1 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 cup sugar (divided into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup)
2-3 tsp cinnamon (more or less to taste)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional-any kind will do, I used walnuts)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Grease a 9″x13″ pan
3. Spread one of the cans of dough on the bottom, sealing up the seams with your fingers.
4. Put cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl and teaspoon vanilla, microwave for 30-40 seconds until cream cheese is warm, blend together until smooth.
5. Spread over bottom crust.
6. Unroll other can of crescent roll dough over top of cream cheese mix. No need to seal these seams up with your fingers, unless you just want too.
7. Mix topping (1/4 sugar and cinnamon) in a bowl and sprinkle over top, sprinkle nuts over that. I did half with nuts and half without nuts.
8. Melt butter and drizzle evenly over top.
9. Bake at 375 for 23 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and cut into squares. Store it in the refrigerator.
Serve warm or cold.