You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Pot Luck’ category.
Mountain Dew Cake
My whole family loved this cake. It is a spongy cake. My husband said it reminded him of lemon pound cake.
1 box Lemon Cake Mix
1 box Lemon Instant Pudding Mix (3.4 oz)
2/3 cup oil
1 can Mountain Dew (12 oz.)
1. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray. Next flour the bundt pan. Remove excess flour. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. Mix together the lemon cake mix and instant pudding.
4. Add eggs, oil and mountain dew.
5. Mix until well blended and thick.
6. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
7. Let cool for 20 or so minutes before removing from pan.
8. SERVE! You can serve this cake as is, which is really good. Add a glaze. Or sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
Chewy Goo Goo Bars
Since Goo Goo Clusters are a Tennessee Candy…..I thought I should make something since we live in the Great state of Tennessee. Where 2 out of 4 of my children were born.
For the base:
1 (18.25 ounce) box Yellow Cake Mix ( I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic Yellow)
1 stick butter, melted
5 to 6 Goo Goo Clusters, chopped (If you have a hard time finding Goo Goo Clusters search your local Dollar Tree! I was able to pick them up for $.25 cents each!)
For the Gooey Topping:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mix the cake mix, one egg, and melted butter. This will form a pretty thick dough.
3. Using your hands press it into the prepared baking dish.
4. Chop Goo Goo Clusters. Spread chopped Goo Goo Clusters evenly over the dough. You might want to purchase one or two extra….who knows how many chunks of those clusters will make it into your mouth while you chop them up.
5. Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and last 2 eggs until smooth. Pour pretty evenly over top of the Goo Goo Clusters. It doesn’t have to be pretty.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for 45-50 minutes. I actually let mine go for 52 minutes and they were fine. Cool for at least 3 hours…or chill overnight in fridge. Cut into squares and serve.
Note: These are gooey…..if left out the tops will spread out…I would keep them stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
These little bars are yummy and OH SO RICH!!!!!
I had such a wonderful response (via pinterest) with my strawberry cake mix cookies. I thought why not make them into brownies. And it is SO easy!
1 (18.5 oz) box Strawberry cake mix
1/3 cup oil
Milk or water
1. Combine cake mix, eggs and oil. The batter will be thick. Spray a 9 X 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Using your fingers press dough into pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes. Or until edges of the brownies are light brown.
You can let them cool and eat as is. Or glaze them right out of the oven hot! Or let cool then glaze them.
Peanut Butter White Chocolate Candy
So very easy and NO BAKE!!!
2 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups Peanuts (dry Roasted)
2 cups Marshmallows
1 cup Peanut Butter (creamy)
2 (12 ounce packages) White Chocolate Chips plus, 1 cup
1. Combine Rice Krispies, Peanuts and Marshmallows in a LARGE bowl.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl melt peanut butter and white chocolate chips for 1 minutes…and then for 2o to 30 seconds, stirring after until melted.
3. Add Peanut butter mixture into dry mixture.
4. Drop by 1/4 cup onto wax paper. Let set until firm. Usually 2 to 3 hours. Store in an airtight container.
Note: You can also use the colored marshmallows.
Boston Market Cornbread
This cornbread is fabulous! What makes it even better is that it is so easy. You can make these in little loaf pans, as muffins or in a 13 X 9 baking dish.
2 Boxes (8.5 oz.) Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 Box (16.5 oz.) Butter Golden Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines Classic Butter Golden Mix)
Plus ingredients on packages. Mine Included:
1/2 cup of water
7 tablespoons of butter, softened
2/3 cup of milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the loaf pan, baking pan, muffin cups….etc. with cooking spray.
2. Mix the cake mix according to package directions.
3. Mix the corn muffin mix according to the package directions in a large bowl.
4. Combine the cake mix into the corn muffin mix.
5. Bake at 350 degrees. Until done. I used a 13 x 9 baking pan and it took about 36 minutes. It will be golden brown on top. Insert a toothpick into the center and it should come out clean.
Sweet & Tangy Meatballs (Slow Cooker, Freezer Meal)
So easy to through together in a ziploc bag and freeze! Even easier to make! If that is even possible! We like these meatballs served over rice. You can also put them on a hoagie or even use them as an appetizer at a party or potluck.
1 (32 oz) Package of meatballs (I actually use the Great Value Homestyle brand from Wal-Mart)
1 (36 oz) jar of bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1 (32 oz) jar of grape jelly
(You will also need 2 ziploc baggies for freezing)
1. Label baggies with contents and date! I also print directions right on the bag on how to cook.
2. In each bag put half of the meatballs, jelly and bbq sauce. I usually end up somewhere between 24 and 30 meatballs in each bag.
3. Once all ingredients are in the baggies. Zip them up and squish them together until good and combine.
5. When ready to make. I take out of freezer and let thaw for one hour.
6. Place in slow cooker. I use my 2 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. When ready place over rice and serve.
Cheesy Tuna Tomato Casserole
My husband, daughter and myself just love this. My 11-year-old son….ate it but didn’t say much about it. My 8-year-old ate half of it…..he didn’t really care for it but he knows mommy is not a short order cook and ate what would fill him up. And I can just about forget my VERY VERY picky 14-year-old son eating it.
2 (5 oz) cans of Tuna, drained
1 cup Mayo
1 small Onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Salt (I didn’t add this)
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 package (12 oz.) wide egg noodles, uncooked
10 Plum Tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a Mexican Blend)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions minus two minutes of cook time. Drain.
3. Combine drained tuna, mayo, onion, salt and pepper into a medium bowl; mix well.
4. Combine tuna mixture with noodles. Mixing to evenly coat the noodles.
5. Spray 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Layer with half of the noodle mixture, half of the sliced tomatoes followed by half of the cheese. Pressing down slightly as you work. Repeat the layers.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Cheesy Chicken Nachos
My 13-year-old daughter has been requesting nachos for sometime. She was thrilled to be having nachos for dinner as was everyone else.
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 green onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
Shredded chicken breast
2 tablespoons or 1 packet of taco seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste ( I did not use salt)
1 cup Salsa
1 bag of tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
small can of sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheet as evenly as you can with the tortilla chips.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic and the white parts of the green onions in canola, until the onions are tender. Mix in the shredded chicken.
- NOTE: I used my crock pot for my chicken I placed 2 chicken breast in the crock pot and covered with 2 tablespoons of taco season and set on low and let cook for 5 to 6 hours on low. It shredded easily. You can use any kind of shredded chicken that you would like. I think a shredded Rotisserie chicken would be good too.
Toss the chicken with the green onions and stir in Salsa.
- Put the tortilla chips in the oven for 5 minutes just to ‘warm’.
- When done warming spoon chicken mixture as evenly as you can over the tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheese, diced tomato, and olives.
- Return to the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion tops before serving.
You can make this with just about anything…and top with just about anything. I also think it would be good with refried beans.
Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
1- 9 inch chocolate pie crust
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup powered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mini-chocolate chips for garnish
This is another VERY simple recipe.
1. Make sure that the cream cheese is softened.
2. In a Large bowl cream together the softened cream cheese, all three sugars, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Make sure it is mixed together good. I cream them together for about 2 minutes.
3. Add in melted chocolate and cream together for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Pour into pie plate and garnish with chocolate chips.
5. Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Five hours is really better. But three is okay if you just can’t wait!