You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Milkshake’ category.
Candy Bar Milkshakes
This recipe is NOT intended to be ‘lite’….it is not for those watching their waistline! Although, I did try to use ‘healthier’ ingredients….it is still fattening. But you just have to indulge once in a while.
2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream ( I use Low Fat Vanilla Ice Cream )
1 cup Chocolate milk (I use 1% Low Fat Chocolate Milk )
3 or 4 Mini-Candy Bars (these can be found in walmart for $1.00 for 8 mini bars of any variety)
2 1/2 table spoons of Malted Milk
Redi-Whip, Cool Whip, Extra Mini-Candy Bar, caramel, chocolate sauce, nuts for topping. (Optional)
1. In a Food processor chop up the mini-candy bars. This creates less work for your blender.
2. Let your Vanilla Ice Cream ‘soften’ just a bit (this again,creates a little less work for your blender, if you have a el-cheapo blender). I let mine sit for about 5 minutes. Usually while getting all my other ingredients ready.
3. Place in your blender vanilla Ice cream, chocolate milk and Malted Milk. Blend until combine.
4. Then add in chopped candy bar. Blend until you reach the desired thickness.
5. Pour into a glass ( This makes quite a bit….enough for 2 people really….and if you are serving kids you might be able to serve 3 kids. Depending on how much you give each one.
6. If you so choose top with cool whip, redi-whip, nuts, caramel, chocolate syrup or add an extra full mini-fun sized candy bar to top it off with.
Perfect summer treat!