You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Main Meal’s’ category.
Sweet & Tangy Meatballs (Slow Cooker, Freezer Meal)
So easy to through together in a ziploc bag and freeze! Even easier to make! If that is even possible! We like these meatballs served over rice. You can also put them on a hoagie or even use them as an appetizer at a party or potluck.
1 (32 oz) Package of meatballs (I actually use the Great Value Homestyle brand from Wal-Mart)
1 (36 oz) jar of bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1 (32 oz) jar of grape jelly
(You will also need 2 ziploc baggies for freezing)
1. Label baggies with contents and date! I also print directions right on the bag on how to cook.
2. In each bag put half of the meatballs, jelly and bbq sauce. I usually end up somewhere between 24 and 30 meatballs in each bag.
3. Once all ingredients are in the baggies. Zip them up and squish them together until good and combine.
5. When ready to make. I take out of freezer and let thaw for one hour.
6. Place in slow cooker. I use my 2 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. When ready place over rice and serve.
Easy Creamy Chipped Beef on Toast
Fast & Easy to Prepare!
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 1/2 cups milk, (more or less depending on desired thickness)
3 to 4 — 2 ounce packages of Buddig Beef lunch meat, chopped
a pinch of cayenne pepper
Texas toast or your preferred bread-toasted
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and whisk in flour to form a roux. Adding in milk, a little at a time.
2. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring, until thickened. Bring to a boil, stir in chopped beef lunch meat and cayenne, heat through and serve over toast.
Parmesan Chicken With Bow Tie Pasta
1 box (12 oz.) Bow-Tie Pasta
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 cups Broccoli Florets
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 small onion, finely diced
2 gloves of garlic
1 (14.5 oz can) Petite Diced Tomatoes, Drained
1/2 to 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook Pasta in boiling Salted water according to package direction. Until al dente. Add broccoli the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving at 1 cup of cooking liquid (you might decide to leave this out all together).
2. Toss Pasta and Broccoli with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
3. Warm remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic. At this point you can also season with Salt and Pepper. I stay away from adding Salt to anything. Saute, this for approx. 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes add in the Diced Tomatoes; and saute for another 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the pasta mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. I used about 3/4 of a cup cooking liquid.
6. Since we LOVE cheese in our house….once everything was heated evenly throughout I topped with MORE Parmesan Cheese.
Tips: You will need a LARGE skillet for this. It makes a lot. Make sure the chicken you use is cooked! I have several chicken breast made ahead of time and just diced them up.
Chicken Parmesan Hoagie Sandwich
There are a few things that I like about this recipe. It is simple to make. It is baked. It is chicken. And it is fast to make! Oh, it is also really tasty too!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds of chicken)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Italian Seasoned bread crumbs
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce (Use your favorite, we like Tomato, Garlic and Onion)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese (I used more….We really like our cheese)
4 long Italian Rolls (I used Cobblestone Mill Hoagies, Philly Style)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. You do not want your chicken to be too thick. I cut my chicken breast in half and then pounded it out just a touch with my kitchen mallet.
3. Coat Chicken in egg and then bread crumbs. Then place into baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes Pour Spaghetti sauce over top of chicken and top with cheese.
6. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serve on Hoagie rolls!
Chili-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
So easy to make! My house smelled wonderful while I was making these!
1 lb. ground beef
4 large Poblano Peppers
1 (15 ounce) can chili-seasoned beans
1 (14.5 ounce) can chili-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
1 tablespoon Adobo Mexican seasoning
1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese blend
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Half peppers lengthwise. Remove Stems and seeds.
3. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. When water is boiling add 4 pepper halves to the water. Cook 3 minutes or until bright green or slightly softened. Remove and drain upside down. Repeat with the remaining halves.
4. Add beans, tomatoes and Mexican Adobo seasoning to beef. Cook over medium heat for approx. 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
5. Line a baking sheet with foil. And preheat broiler.
6. Arrange peppers on baking sheet cut side up. Stuff peppers with chili mixture. Top with Cheese. Broil 6 inches from heat for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve with corn bread, sour cream and Salsa.
This is my recipe to feed my family of 6. It just might sound like a lot of ingredients. But it did give us lunch for the next day (at least for a couple of us). This is not a dinner to eat all the time. It is loaded with sodium. Everything in moderation!
5- 5 oz cans of skinless boneless Salmon (I use Chicken of the Sea brand)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup of crushed Saltine crackers plus an additional 2/3 cup
1/4 heaping cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip!)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup onion
1 teaspoon dried mustard
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
1. Drain can’s of Salmon Juice. Reserving 1/4 cup (you may need it to use later).
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Except 2/3 cup crushed crackers and the reserved juice.
3. Mix all the ingredients well. If it is too dry add the reserve salmon liquid…not all just a little at a time to get the moisture in that you want. If it is too wet…add some cracker crumbs.
4. Make into patties. I ended up with 8 patties. Yours will vary depending on how big you make them.
5.Next, coat patties in remaining bread crumbs on both sides.
6. Heat a skillet at med/low heat…add some butter or oil. Cook patties on both sides until brown. I did about 4 minutes each side.
Serve Hot! You can serve this all by itself with Lemon sauce or Tartar Sauce. Or you can make it in burger form using tomato and lettuce.
A slow Cooker meal. This makes enough for left overs and lunches!
1 tub Loyd’s Shredded Pork
1 tub Loyd’s Shredded Beef
2 (14.5 ounce) cans cream style corn
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced potatoes
1 to 1.5 pounds of shredded chicken
Louisiana Hot Sauce (To Taste)
Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
1. Dump all ingredients into a slow cooker (crock pot). Stir to combine.
2. Add Hot Sauce and Salt and Pepper to taste.
3. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Serve Hot with Corn bread!
Note: You can use 2 (12.5 ounce) cans of chicken in place of the shredded chicken. I usually make up a huge pot of chicken cooked low all day in the crock pot and shred it all up to be put into all kinds of recipes.
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
This is the recipe I used to serve a family of 6. It gives me plenty of leftovers for lunches and leftover night.
3 lbs. ground beef
1 cup onions diced
1 cup celery diced
1 cup green pepper diced
1 1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoon vinegar
3 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. In a LARGE skillet brown ground beef. Breaking it up into small pieces.
2. Drain beef and place in slow cooker.
3. Dump all the remaining ingredients in and give it a good stir!
4. Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 6-8 hours. Serve on Hamburger buns.
Deep Dish Pizza
Pizza Dough Ingredients:
1 cup warm water (about 110 degrees)
1 package (.25 ounce dry active yeast)
2 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Pizza Dough Directions:
1. Place water in a small bowl and stir in yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 1/2 cups of the flour, sugar and salt. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Stir until dough comes together and forms a ball.
3. Turn out onto a well-floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, adding as much of the remaining 1/4 cup flour as needed.
4. Form into a disk and place in a bowl that has been lightly coated with olive oil. Turn disk over and cover bowl with plastic wrap.
5. Allow to rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
6. Punch down the dough and remove from bowl. Roll into desired shape. Or take right to your pizza pan and hand press it in. Pan size needs to be 15 x 10 x 1 (I hand press mine into the pan)
To prepare Pizza!
2 cups of mozzarella cheese (I use Frigo’s Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella)
1 cup pizza sauce (I use Bertolli Organic Olive Oil, Basil and Garlic Spaghetti Sauce)
Sprinkling of Oregano Flakes
And the toppings of your choice
1. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Place dough on a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Spread Sauce evenly over dough to within a 1/2 inch of edge. Sprinkle oregano over sauce. And then add toppings and cheese.
3. Bake at 500 degrees for 12 to 20 minutes.
4. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting!