You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Donuts’ category.
Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa)
1 cup Sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 Cup Milk
8 Tablespoons Canola oil (Or just shy of 1/2 cup)
For The Glaze: (This recipe is from Allrecipes.com)
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Next Time I am going to use Milk Chocolate Chips)
4 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons of Light Corn Syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a LARGE bowl combine flour, cocoa powered, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Once the dry ingredients are combine add in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Stirring until just combine.
4. Stir in the Canola Oil.
5.Generously coat a donut pan with cooking spray.
6. Fill each donut ring two-thirds of the way full. Bake for 7 minutes in a 450 degree oven or until donut springs back to the touch. Remember ovens temps vary…so will cooking time. I keep an oven thermometer in my oven at all times to help me out.
7. When done immediately remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
For the Chocolate Glaze:
8. In the microwave melt chocolate chips and butter. I melt my for 30 seconds at half power at a time. Stirring between each time.
9. After chocolate chips and butter are melted I add in light corn syrup, and vanilla.
10. After donuts have cooled. Swirl each donut into the glaze. This goes Really fast. The motion to it is all in the wrist! Add sprinkles if desired.
I feed a family of 6. Two of them are teenagers, 3 of them are boys and one is my husband and through a daughter in the mix. This made JUST enough and some to snack on through the day. Although my family would prefer more. It made 22 donuts.
2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Cup Canola Oil
3/4 cup Butter Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Vinegar
1 cup Finely Chopped Strawberries (you can use a little more or a little less)
For the Strawberry Glaze:
2 HEAPING cups of Powdered Sugar
1 cup Finely Chopped Strawberries
1 teaspoon milk or water (You don’t have to even use milk or water. Use it depending on how thick of a consistency you desire.)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and Kosher Salt.
3. In a large bowl mix together oil, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs.
4. Add dry ingredients to oil mixture. Do Not Over Stir. Stir until just combined.
5. Add Vinegar and mix until combine.
6. Fold in Strawberries.
7. Fill a lightly greased donut pan. Fill molds three-quarters of the full and bake until golden brown. Between 10 and 12 minutes. Mine took exactly 10 minutes.
Directions For Strawberry Glaze:
8. Mix together strawberries and powdered Sugar add milk or water if need for consistency.
9. Remove donuts from donut pan. And cool on wire rack. Top with Strawberry Glaze. Let the Glaze sit for a least 5 minutes before serving.
Notes: I used a chopper to dice up my strawberries. If you use a chopper or food processor make sure you don’t over chop or it will turn into puree.
This recipe is linked to the following: