You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘dinner’ category.
1 can Crescent Rolls (I used Garlic Crescent rolls)
6 eggs, scrambled
8-10 slices Bacon (cooked)
1 cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
Roasted Red Peppers
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Almost forming a “star”. I like to kind of create it where the center looks like a square.
5. Then the bacon comes next. I take a slice of bacon and break it in half and place one piece on top of where the crescent roll will fold over.
6. Top with cheese. Fold over each crescent roll and tuck in to the underneath.
7. Bake at 375 degrees from 15 to 17 minutes.
8. Serve hot by itself or with Salsa.
Note: You can add just about anything you want to this wreath.
Boston Market Cornbread
This cornbread is fabulous! What makes it even better is that it is so easy. You can make these in little loaf pans, as muffins or in a 13 X 9 baking dish.
2 Boxes (8.5 oz.) Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 Box (16.5 oz.) Butter Golden Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines Classic Butter Golden Mix)
Plus ingredients on packages. Mine Included:
1/2 cup of water
7 tablespoons of butter, softened
2/3 cup of milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the loaf pan, baking pan, muffin cups….etc. with cooking spray.
2. Mix the cake mix according to package directions.
3. Mix the corn muffin mix according to the package directions in a large bowl.
4. Combine the cake mix into the corn muffin mix.
5. Bake at 350 degrees. Until done. I used a 13 x 9 baking pan and it took about 36 minutes. It will be golden brown on top. Insert a toothpick into the center and it should come out clean.
An easy recipe! Low and slow cooking. Great recipe for leftovers or freezer cooking.
1- 3 to 6 pound Pork Loin, boneless
Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
Liquid Smoke ( Our favorite flavor is Natural Mesquite)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Generously salt the fronts and back of the pork loin.
3. Pour on desired amount of liquid smoke on both sides. Using hands to “rub” it into the loin. ( I use between 1/4 of a bottle to half a bottle of liquid smoke.)
4. Wrap in foil. Making sure you seal it completely. Placed wrapped loin in roasting pan.
5. Cook in a 250 degree oven for 8 to 10 hours. I do this at night so it is ready to shred first thing in the morning. This is great for freezer meals!
Notes: Although, I prefer an oven for this recipe you can make it in a slow cooker. This is great recipe for bbq sandwiches!
This bread would be so good served with Potato Soup!
8 Slices Thick Bacon, diced ( I used Smoked Applewood bacon)
1/3 Cup Milk
1 Cup of Sour Cream
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat skillet and fry up diced bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk and sour cream.
3. In another medium-sized bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir in the bacon.
5. Spray a loaf tin with cooking spray. And spread the bacon batter into the tin and smooth it out.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approx. 50 minutes.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove.
Note: You can also add a cup of your favorite shredded cheese when stirring in the bacon.
Slow Cooker Burritos
2 Pounds Stew Meat
Enchilada Sauce 28 ounces (I used Las Palmas Mild Enchilada Sauce)
1 small can of refried beans
7-8 flour tortillas (Burrito sized)
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
1. Through stew meat and enchilada Sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 -8 hours. Until meat is tender and can easily separate.
2. Heat refried beans in microwave until warm.
3. When done. Put approx. 1/2 cup of meat into a burrito sized tortilla. Along with 2 tablespoons of refried beans. The refried beans are optional.
4. Place in a baking dish and cover with remain enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Broil for approx. 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips!
Sweet & Tangy Meatballs (Slow Cooker, Freezer Meal)
So easy to through together in a ziploc bag and freeze! Even easier to make! If that is even possible! We like these meatballs served over rice. You can also put them on a hoagie or even use them as an appetizer at a party or potluck.
1 (32 oz) Package of meatballs (I actually use the Great Value Homestyle brand from Wal-Mart)
1 (36 oz) jar of bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1 (32 oz) jar of grape jelly
(You will also need 2 ziploc baggies for freezing)
1. Label baggies with contents and date! I also print directions right on the bag on how to cook.
2. In each bag put half of the meatballs, jelly and bbq sauce. I usually end up somewhere between 24 and 30 meatballs in each bag.
3. Once all ingredients are in the baggies. Zip them up and squish them together until good and combine.
5. When ready to make. I take out of freezer and let thaw for one hour.
6. Place in slow cooker. I use my 2 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. When ready place over rice and serve.
Freezer Cooking Chicken Fajita’s
I am trying to incorporate more freezer cooking into my meal planning. At least 2 weeks worth of freezer meals for the month. Chicken Fajita’s seemed to be the perfect freezer meal to start.
1 -1/2 Green Peppers, Sliced
1/2 Red Pepper, Sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 1/2 to 2 pounds Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
1. Slice peppers and onion and place into a large bowl.
2. Next pound the chicken breast with a mallet. I like to do this because I feel like it makes the chicken tender and gives me more strips.
3. Cut the chicken into strips and place in the same bowl with the peppers and onions. Add a tablespoon of lime/lemon juice and the seasoning and toss.
4. Make sure your freezer bag is labeled with contents and directions on how to cook.
5. Place in bag. Put in Freezer.
6. When ready to eat: Thaw. Place in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil. And stir fry until chicken is cook through and veggies are softened. Serve with warm flour tortillas.
Cheesy Tuna Tomato Casserole
My husband, daughter and myself just love this. My 11-year-old son….ate it but didn’t say much about it. My 8-year-old ate half of it…..he didn’t really care for it but he knows mommy is not a short order cook and ate what would fill him up. And I can just about forget my VERY VERY picky 14-year-old son eating it.
2 (5 oz) cans of Tuna, drained
1 cup Mayo
1 small Onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Salt (I didn’t add this)
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 package (12 oz.) wide egg noodles, uncooked
10 Plum Tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a Mexican Blend)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions minus two minutes of cook time. Drain.
3. Combine drained tuna, mayo, onion, salt and pepper into a medium bowl; mix well.
4. Combine tuna mixture with noodles. Mixing to evenly coat the noodles.
5. Spray 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Layer with half of the noodle mixture, half of the sliced tomatoes followed by half of the cheese. Pressing down slightly as you work. Repeat the layers.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Easy Creamy Chipped Beef on Toast
Fast & Easy to Prepare!
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 1/2 cups milk, (more or less depending on desired thickness)
3 to 4 — 2 ounce packages of Buddig Beef lunch meat, chopped
a pinch of cayenne pepper
Texas toast or your preferred bread-toasted
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and whisk in flour to form a roux. Adding in milk, a little at a time.
2. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring, until thickened. Bring to a boil, stir in chopped beef lunch meat and cayenne, heat through and serve over toast.
Cheesy Chicken Nachos
My 13-year-old daughter has been requesting nachos for sometime. She was thrilled to be having nachos for dinner as was everyone else.
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 green onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
Shredded chicken breast
2 tablespoons or 1 packet of taco seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste ( I did not use salt)
1 cup Salsa
1 bag of tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
small can of sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheet as evenly as you can with the tortilla chips.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic and the white parts of the green onions in canola, until the onions are tender. Mix in the shredded chicken.
- NOTE: I used my crock pot for my chicken I placed 2 chicken breast in the crock pot and covered with 2 tablespoons of taco season and set on low and let cook for 5 to 6 hours on low. It shredded easily. You can use any kind of shredded chicken that you would like. I think a shredded Rotisserie chicken would be good too.
Toss the chicken with the green onions and stir in Salsa.
- Put the tortilla chips in the oven for 5 minutes just to ‘warm’.
- When done warming spoon chicken mixture as evenly as you can over the tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheese, diced tomato, and olives.
- Return to the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion tops before serving.
You can make this with just about anything…and top with just about anything. I also think it would be good with refried beans.