You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘BBQ’ category.
An easy recipe! Low and slow cooking. Great recipe for leftovers or freezer cooking.
1- 3 to 6 pound Pork Loin, boneless
Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
Liquid Smoke ( Our favorite flavor is Natural Mesquite)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Generously salt the fronts and back of the pork loin.
3. Pour on desired amount of liquid smoke on both sides. Using hands to “rub” it into the loin. ( I use between 1/4 of a bottle to half a bottle of liquid smoke.)
4. Wrap in foil. Making sure you seal it completely. Placed wrapped loin in roasting pan.
5. Cook in a 250 degree oven for 8 to 10 hours. I do this at night so it is ready to shred first thing in the morning. This is great for freezer meals!
Notes: Although, I prefer an oven for this recipe you can make it in a slow cooker. This is great recipe for bbq sandwiches!
Slow Cooker BBQ
1 (3-5 pound) boneless chuck roast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
A few onion slices
2 (18 ounce) your favorite bottle barbecue sauce (I use Cattlemen’s Mississippi Honey)
Place Roast in Crock pot/ Slow Cooker with all above ingredients only using one bottle of the bbq sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours.
At the end of the 6 hours, drain all liquid reserving about a cup of it.
Shred the roast and return to crock pot. Return the shredded roast to the crock pot and cover with the remaining bottle of BBQ sauce. Adding the reserved liquid as needed. Cook on low for an additional hour.