You are currently browsing the daily archive for August 15, 2012.
This bread would be so good served with Potato Soup!
8 Slices Thick Bacon, diced ( I used Smoked Applewood bacon)
1/3 Cup Milk
1 Cup of Sour Cream
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat skillet and fry up diced bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk and sour cream.
3. In another medium-sized bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir in the bacon.
5. Spray a loaf tin with cooking spray. And spread the bacon batter into the tin and smooth it out.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approx. 50 minutes.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove.
Note: You can also add a cup of your favorite shredded cheese when stirring in the bacon.