You are currently browsing the daily archive for July 6, 2012.
Freezer Cooking Chicken Fajita’s
I am trying to incorporate more freezer cooking into my meal planning. At least 2 weeks worth of freezer meals for the month. Chicken Fajita’s seemed to be the perfect freezer meal to start.
1 -1/2 Green Peppers, Sliced
1/2 Red Pepper, Sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 1/2 to 2 pounds Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
1. Slice peppers and onion and place into a large bowl.
2. Next pound the chicken breast with a mallet. I like to do this because I feel like it makes the chicken tender and gives me more strips.
3. Cut the chicken into strips and place in the same bowl with the peppers and onions. Add a tablespoon of lime/lemon juice and the seasoning and toss.
4. Make sure your freezer bag is labeled with contents and directions on how to cook.
5. Place in bag. Put in Freezer.
6. When ready to eat: Thaw. Place in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil. And stir fry until chicken is cook through and veggies are softened. Serve with warm flour tortillas.