You are currently browsing the daily archive for July 3, 2012.
Cheesy Tuna Tomato Casserole
My husband, daughter and myself just love this. My 11-year-old son….ate it but didn’t say much about it. My 8-year-old ate half of it…..he didn’t really care for it but he knows mommy is not a short order cook and ate what would fill him up. And I can just about forget my VERY VERY picky 14-year-old son eating it.
2 (5 oz) cans of Tuna, drained
1 cup Mayo
1 small Onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Salt (I didn’t add this)
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 package (12 oz.) wide egg noodles, uncooked
10 Plum Tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a Mexican Blend)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions minus two minutes of cook time. Drain.
3. Combine drained tuna, mayo, onion, salt and pepper into a medium bowl; mix well.
4. Combine tuna mixture with noodles. Mixing to evenly coat the noodles.
5. Spray 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Layer with half of the noodle mixture, half of the sliced tomatoes followed by half of the cheese. Pressing down slightly as you work. Repeat the layers.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.