You are currently browsing the monthly archive for June 2012.
Easy Creamy Chipped Beef on Toast
Fast & Easy to Prepare!
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 1/2 cups milk, (more or less depending on desired thickness)
3 to 4 — 2 ounce packages of Buddig Beef lunch meat, chopped
a pinch of cayenne pepper
Texas toast or your preferred bread-toasted
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and whisk in flour to form a roux. Adding in milk, a little at a time.
2. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring, until thickened. Bring to a boil, stir in chopped beef lunch meat and cayenne, heat through and serve over toast.
Cheesy Chicken Nachos
My 13-year-old daughter has been requesting nachos for sometime. She was thrilled to be having nachos for dinner as was everyone else.
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 green onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
Shredded chicken breast
2 tablespoons or 1 packet of taco seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste ( I did not use salt)
1 cup Salsa
1 bag of tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
small can of sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheet as evenly as you can with the tortilla chips.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic and the white parts of the green onions in canola, until the onions are tender. Mix in the shredded chicken.
- NOTE: I used my crock pot for my chicken I placed 2 chicken breast in the crock pot and covered with 2 tablespoons of taco season and set on low and let cook for 5 to 6 hours on low. It shredded easily. You can use any kind of shredded chicken that you would like. I think a shredded Rotisserie chicken would be good too.
Toss the chicken with the green onions and stir in Salsa.
- Put the tortilla chips in the oven for 5 minutes just to ‘warm’.
- When done warming spoon chicken mixture as evenly as you can over the tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheese, diced tomato, and olives.
- Return to the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion tops before serving.
You can make this with just about anything…and top with just about anything. I also think it would be good with refried beans.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
Do you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Do your kids? Then you are going to love these muffins. They are a dense muffin. They taste just about as close as you can get to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
2 cups Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Peanut Butter (Crunchy or Creamy, either will work)
1 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Your favorite Jam, Jelly or Preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl combine Flour, Sugar, baking powder and Salt.
3. Next you need to cut in the peanut butter using a fork (like if you were making a pie crust or a pastry). I used my pastry blender. You can also use a food processor. The mix should be crumbly.
4. In a small bowl mix together the milk, egg and vanilla.
5. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture until just combine.
6. Drop spoonful of batter into the bottom of each muffin cup. Making sure the bottoms are completely covered.
7. Next place a teaspoon to a teaspoon and a half of jelly in the center.
8. Top with the remaining peanut butter batter. Taking care that the Jelly is completely covered.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.