You are currently browsing the monthly archive for May 2012.
Fresh Strawberry Syrup Sauce
So simple to make! Awesome over French Toast, Waffles, Pancakes, and Ice Cream!
3 cups Strawberries, Mashed
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1. Prep Strawberry by removing leaves and slicing in half. You will need about 6 cups UNMASHED strawberries. Once mashed it should reduce to around 3 cups.
2. Over medium heat in a 3 quart saucepan add strawberries and 1 cup sugar. You can add this by taste and not use the whole cup of sugar. It just depend on how sweet your strawberries are. Bring to a simmer.
3. Fill a measuring cup to 1/4 of a cup and add 2 tablespoon of water. Stir until combine.
4. Add in the cornstarch and water into simmering strawberry mixture.
5. Bring to a simmer once again. It will start becoming thick.
6. If your desired thickness is not reached you can add another 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
7. It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes for it to thicken up.
You will need to stir this constantly.
Pour into mason jars and refrigerate until ready to use.
Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
1- 9 inch chocolate pie crust
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup powered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mini-chocolate chips for garnish
This is another VERY simple recipe.
1. Make sure that the cream cheese is softened.
2. In a Large bowl cream together the softened cream cheese, all three sugars, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Make sure it is mixed together good. I cream them together for about 2 minutes.
3. Add in melted chocolate and cream together for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Pour into pie plate and garnish with chocolate chips.
5. Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Five hours is really better. But three is okay if you just can’t wait!
Refreshing Summer Drink
Kids LOVE it! And only 2 ingredients plus water!
One two litter bottle of Diet 7-Up
2 packets of Crystal Light Fruit Punch Pitcher Packets (generic works just as well, I really prefer generic. This is just what I had on hand)
This is SO SO simple.
In a large pitcher add 2 packets of Fruit Punch Mix. The WHOLE 2 little bottle of 7-UP. And Stir until the mix is dissolved. Then add water to taste. I usually add about 3 to 5 cups!
Grilled Bacon & Onion Sandwich
In the summer I like to make easy lunches. This is super easy. Bonus is that my whole family loves it- minus 1. This recipe serves approx. 6. That possibly could be stretched. But who wants to skimp on BACON????
10 Slices of Bacon, cut into 1/2 slices
12 slices of Cheese (choose your favorite, My kids and myself liked the favorite stand by of American Cheese, my husband chose Pepper Jack Cheese)
1 medium onion, sliced finely (I used, Vidalia onions)
1 loaf of Texas Toast
1. In a skillet, crisp bacon over medium heat. Approx. 5 minutes. If you want a crunchier bacon fry it longer.
2. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and place on paper towel.
4. Take 2 piece of toast, place one piece of cheese on the bottom and then fill with bacon mixer. Top with another cheese slice.
5. Spread a thin layer of butter on top of the sandwich. Place into same skillet you used to make the bacon mixture. On LOW/Medium heat cook for 2 minutes on each side.
7. Repeat process until all Sandwiches are made!
My husband & Daughter said that this sandwich remind them of something you would eat at Steak N Shake.
Old Fashioned Fresh Lemonade
So easy! And much better for you than store-bought!
1 1/2 cups of Sugar
5 to 7 Lemons, enough to make a cup of lemon juice
1. The first thing to making Fresh Lemonade is making a simple syrup/sugar. In a sauce pan over medium heat place 1 1/2 cups water and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat to cool.
2. Next you need the juice of about 5 to 7 lemons. Enough to make a cup.
3. After you have your lemons juiced. Then you need to add the one cup of lemon juice to 1 cup of simple sugar.
4. I then like to start by adding 4 cups of cold water. Stir and then taste. If it needs more simple sugar mixture add it. More water, add it in.
5. Chill in the fridge.
Serve Cold! Great for summer and so simple to make!