Parmesan Chicken With Bow Tie Pasta
1 box (12 oz.) Bow-Tie Pasta
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 cups Broccoli Florets
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 small onion, finely diced
2 gloves of garlic
1 (14.5 oz can) Petite Diced Tomatoes, Drained
1/2 to 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook Pasta in boiling Salted water according to package direction. Until al dente. Add broccoli the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving at 1 cup of cooking liquid (you might decide to leave this out all together).
2. Toss Pasta and Broccoli with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
3. Warm remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic. At this point you can also season with Salt and Pepper. I stay away from adding Salt to anything. Saute, this for approx. 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes add in the Diced Tomatoes; and saute for another 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the pasta mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. I used about 3/4 of a cup cooking liquid.
6. Since we LOVE cheese in our house….once everything was heated evenly throughout I topped with MORE Parmesan Cheese.
Tips: You will need a LARGE skillet for this. It makes a lot. Make sure the chicken you use is cooked! I have several chicken breast made ahead of time and just diced them up.