You are currently browsing the daily archive for March 22, 2012.
Sweet & Spicy Sammie
So easy and surprisingly good!
Louisiana Hot Sauce
Red Pepper Jelly (optional)
Cream Cheese, softened (You can use whipped or block cream cheese, just make sure it is a room temp).
Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
Ham, Chicken, Turkey (Use one, mix and match them, it is up to you)
Pineapple Slices (optional)
1. Gently beat 2 eggs in a bowl and add a couple of dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce. Remember a little goes a LONG way! Stir until mixed.
2. Start building your sandwich. On one slice spread cream cheese. On the other spread the jelly (optional). Add the Pepper Jack cheese on the side with the jelly.
3. Next add the ham (or turkey, chicken…) and then top with a slice of pineapple!
4. Preheat your grill, flat skillet on medium heat.
5. Dip your Sandwich in your egg mixture, coating both sides with the mixture.
6. Place your sandwich on the skillet on each side until both sides are lightly browned.
Notes: You do not have to use pineapple or Red pepper Jelly. You can omit both. Or just omit one. I like it without the jelly. My husband prefers it WITH the jelly. My daughter doesn’t care for the pineapple. Also if there is too much heat….you can omit the Louisiana Hot Sauce from the egg mixture as well. I do want to try this with grape jelly…just haven’t got around to it yet.
This is so great to use those leftovers. That Easter Ham….even great around Thanksgiving or Christmas.