You are currently browsing the daily archive for July 31, 2011.
Corn Dog Muffins
Kid tested and approved!
1 (18 oz box) Miracle Maize Corn Bread and Muffin mix OR 2-8.5 ounce packages of corn bread mix (I use Miracle Maize)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup milk
5 hot dogs- Cut into small bit sized pieces
Honey to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. Combine corn bread mix and brown sugar together.
3. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in the hot dog pieces (you might want to heat the hot dogs through before cutting them….this is just a personal preference.
4. Fill Lined muffin cups 3/4 way full.
5. Drizzle the tops with honey ( this is optional) and then bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
**You can add mustard, Ketchup (or BBQ sauce as one of my children prefer) to the sides or on top of each muffin.
***You can also add 1 cup of shredded cheese to the mix for added yumminess!