Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This cookie stays soft and chewy! My kids love them!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl cream together butter and both sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Then stir in Vanilla.
2. In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
3. Combine the dry ingredients into the wet.
4. Mix in oats and chocolate chips.
5. Cover and chill dough for at least an hour.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. I use a cookie scoop to do this…..makes my life of making cookies much easier!
7. Place each cookie ball approx. 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bottoms are light brown. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to completely cool.